Are you in pursuit?
Do you have a documented disability and want to pursue your post-secondary goals? In this chapter filled with many unknowns, the Pursuit Lab is on a mission to bring college access and workplace readiness training and work-based learning experiences. We are a pre-employment transition service for students transitioning out of high school or looking for jobs/careers. We want you to join us!
In partnership with Washington’s Department of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR), Pursuit’s Workplace Readiness course seeks to help students to discover strengths, to prepare for jobs, and reach educational goals.
- Must be 16 or older and motivated to pursue more education, a job, and/or discovering their dependable strengths. 16-21 year old students are offered this opportunity at no cost.*
- Have (had) a documented disability could qualify for this support class (IEP, 504 or documented disabilities)!
- Must be able to communicate in verbal/written English and can function independently without constant support on campus (unless it is ASL interpreter).
- Must be able to access an online class and be capable to engage for 1-2 hours and are committed to attending and doing homework for class meeting times, Monday through Thursday.
- Willing to be a part of a fun and supportive community of peers building independence through job and college exploration and progress.
*Limited space available for 22+ with a class fee
Fill out a pre-registration to reserve your spot!
Jan. 10-March 17, (2 classes) Mon.-Thurs., 10-11:30a.m. or 2:30-4 p.m.
Apr. 11-June 16, Mon.-Thurs., weekly, 10-11:30 a.m. and 2:30-4 p.m.
After you finish this pre-registration process, you will need to fill out the Pre-employment Transition Service Consent form which will take some time so please do this as soon as possible. Section 2 will need to be filled out and signed by a High School/Transition Program contact (anyone on the student's IEP team that has knowledge of his/her/their disability). If the student has graduated from high school and is NOT a part of a transition program, they can leave Section 2 blank and make a note in the email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) of their graduation date and school.
Pre-employment Transition Service Consent form needs to be fully filled out form emailed to email@example.com. We need section 2 fill out by a counselor or Special Education Teacher to verify your documentation of disability.
**NOTE: Electronic Signatures in the Print Name is acceptable as a signature. Please make sure the date on the entire form is dated for before the start date of the class. If you have questions please ask Diana George by reaching out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will help you determine the correct paperwork and funding source.
For schools interested in services please contact Joy Kramer: email@example.com
For general information and details about the courses, contact Diana George: firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1684
** NOTE THAT YOUR AGE SHOULD BE DETERMINED BY THE DATE YOU WILL BE ON THE FIRST DAY OF CLASSES OF THE QUARTER THAT YOU CHOOSE TO TAKE THE COURSE.
Summer 2020 Project
This is a project completed by our Pursuit Lab class this summer 2020 while we were fully virtual.
This program is made possible by: